Year 7 English

Our class blog

7E Letter to Roald Dahl

September1

Dear Mr Dahl,

I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when ………………………………………………..

I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when ………………………

Yours sincerely, 7E

by posted under Uncategorized | 37 Comments »    

“7E Letter to Roald Dahl”

1. September 1st, 2014 at 2:40 pm      Reply mohammad7e Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when ……………………you visited the doctored it must of hurt ready bad…………………………..
    I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when ……………I went to the doctor and they had to fixes my finger because it was disabled …………

Yours sincerely, 7E

2. September 1st, 2014 at 2:41 pm      Reply jhai7e Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when that man didn’t care about them when they crashed into the tree and you were bleeding.

I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I was only three and I punched my cat in the face and then it jumped up and scratched my face and I was really scared.

You’re sincerely, Jhai Tapelu

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:01 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hi Jhai, that sounds like it would have been scary. What happened to anger the cat? Where exactly where you?
      It is strange how animals behave sometimes.
      I hope you didn’t scar from that experience.
      From Ms Rothwell

3. September 1st, 2014 at 2:42 pm      Reply mohammad7e Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when you visited the doctored it must of hurt ready bad
    I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I went to the doctor and they had to fix my finger because it was disabled.

Yours sincerely, 7E Moe zee Pro

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:05 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hey Moe, that would have been so scary! Did it take long to fix?
      Could you please change the word to be more fitting to what actually happened to you. Was it dislocated? Broken? Just a little scratch? 😛
      From Ms Rothwell

4. September 1st, 2014 at 2:44 pm      Reply adoomi Says:

I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it funny how the author vomited at the end of the story because he was feeling sick
    I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I went to the park then this car came with lights every were and chased us it even went on the grass bit.

Yours sincerely, adoomi

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:03 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hey Adam, I read your letter to RD and I wanted to know a bit more about your experience. Do you think that the car knew you were there? Why do you think that it chased you?
      I hope that you are not too scared now. I would have been if that happened to me!
      From Ms Rothwell.

5. September 1st, 2014 at 2:46 pm      Reply mohammad7e Says:

Moe 7e

6. September 1st, 2014 at 2:48 pm      Reply bernados7e Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,

I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when you crashed in to a tree and that guy did not care what happened to you and your family

I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I was a kid me and my family lived in Iraq we got out of there because there was wars me and my family where screed that we might of died

7. September 1st, 2014 at 2:49 pm      Reply bernados7e Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,

Sincerely from, Birno

8. September 1st, 2014 at 2:53 pm      Reply abdullah7e Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘Homesickness’. I found it interesting when you tricked the school doctor and said you were sick and you needed to go home and he fell for it but the professional doctor didn’t but he still told you that he will trick the school and tell them that you were sick.
    I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I first came to school and was sad that my parents left me alone in a place I don’t know and didn’t understand what they were saying. There was this scary looking teacher that I hated an never liked going to school because of her but I was forced by my dad to go.

Yours sincerely,
    Abdullah Mefleh

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:07 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hi Abdullah, that does sound so horrible. Your dad was trying to give you a good education and he was doing the right thing for you but I am sure that at the time it would have been scary!
      I hope that you don’t have that experience now at school!
      Ms Rothwell.

9. September 1st, 2014 at 2:53 pm      Reply mariana7e Says:

Dear Roald Dahl, I would like to share a frightening moment I had so, my aunties kitchen kind of exploded, I was home alone and I tried cooking chicken I made mistake though because I didn’t turn of the fire. I forgot whenI get back to the kitchen, the cooking oil in the frying pan were on fire, I started to panic and just grabbed a glass of water and spilled it into the frying pan .of course the oil exploded like hell, well it exploded in my case the fire reached the ceilings.

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:08 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hey Mariana, that is such a scary thing to happen! I hope that your family was ok too and not too mad! From Ms Rothwell.

10. September 1st, 2014 at 2:54 pm      Reply zena7e Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,

I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when you went to the doctor it must hurt really bad since you were bleeding.

I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I was 9 years old and woke up with a dislocated my left shoulder and went to doctor and got told I have to have a sling and I probably can’t move my shoulder again or hold anything. In grade 4 my sling got off and I waited weeks before I could move my shoulder normally. I went to the doctor and he said that I can move my shoulder and do everything with my left shoulder and I was relieved.

Yours sincerely, Zena Abdallah

11. September 1st, 2014 at 2:55 pm      Reply nada7e Says:

Dear Mr. Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘the matron. I found the chapter interesting because the matron was really mean nasty. I feel how you feel to be treated in a mean way. I know she is nasty and mean to children. She treats children in bad way. She doesn’t know she should treat people how she wish to be treated. But unfortunately she doesn’t know that.
    I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when one day when I was in the hospital and I saw this matron she was really mean her face told me that when I went to say hello she ignored me and had the angry looks on her face.

Yours sincerely: nada 7e

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:12 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hey Nada, the matron sounds like a very mean lady. I hope that you don’t have to go through that again!
      It’s a shame that there are mean people in the world!
      Ms Rothwell.

12. September 1st, 2014 at 2:57 pm      Reply wazzana bauman ellis Says:

Dear Mr. Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘homesickness. I found it interesting when you were pretending to be sick and I can’t believe the matron and the head master believed you but until a professional doctor came in to really check luckily he was nice and lied to the matron and headmaster.

I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I was at my cousins house It was a Sunday and its was getting dark I went to the bus stop and waited for the bus but I thought it already went so I started walking and each second it was going dark then the bus was coming so I started running but the bus kept driving then he saw me running so he drove faster then he went past me and I had to walk all the way back to my nans house and I thought someone was going to chase me so I ran really fast I was really scared then I got back safely.

Yours sincerely
    Wazzana Bauman Ellis

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:13 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hey Wazzana, what an awful bus driver! I can’t believe that he would do that to a young person! Luckily you’re a fast runner and was able to get home safely!
      Ms Rothwell

13. September 1st, 2014 at 3:01 pm      Reply naveedreading Says:

chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when I was reading on Friday I remember my drive with my mum it all started when my mum started to learn diving and when sat with my mum In the car and this car came for the back side and he was very fast
    And the police was behind it so my mum said I am not go to start the car then I try to come down
    Yours sincerely,
    Naveed

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:14 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hi Naveed, learning to drive is such a scary experience. I found it really tricky too. I hope that when you have your lessons you have a pleasant experience.
      From Ms Rothwell.

14. September 1st, 2014 at 3:04 pm      Reply youssef7e Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when the mean teachers did not let you fix your mistakes on your letter to home
    I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I was in kindergarten and this teacher started yelling at me for crying she shoved me and got away with it I told my parents but they thought I was kidding but now she got away with shoving me

Yours sincerely, 7E

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:16 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hey Youssef, I can’t believe that someone would do that to a little kid. It’s not fair when people in a position of power abuse it. From Ms Rothwell.

15. September 1st, 2014 at 4:34 pm      Reply jasmine123 Says:

Dear Mr. Dahl,

I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A visit to the doctor. I found it interesting when you visited the doctor it was so terrible and it must of been hurtful. I get your pain and I fill how u feel. its hard visiting the doctor especially when your little.

I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I got hit by a car and my neck was nearly broken so I had to go to the hospital and then I had heaps of x-rays of my neck I couldn’t move my neck for 4days it really hurt. So the doctor said I have to wait until I get to know it is broken or not… I was so scared!
    luckily it wasn’t broken so I was in the hospital after 2days I when back home.

Yours sincerely, Jasmine

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:17 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hi Jasmine, you are one tough girl!
      You must have been so scared. I hate getting xrays. I find I get nervous and try and look at the screen and see if I can see broken bones!
      I am happy that you had not broken your next!
      Thanks for sharing.
      Ms Rothwell.

16. September 1st, 2014 at 5:43 pm      Reply naveedreading Says:

Dear Mr. Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when I was reading on Friday I remember my drive with my mum it all started when my mum started to learn diving and when sat with my mum In the car and this car came for the back side and he was very fast
    Yours sincerely,
    Naveed Iqbal

17. September 2nd, 2014 at 9:55 am      Reply salah7e Says:

Dear Mr. Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when you went into the car accident and then I felt for u.
    I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I was sleeping and someone brock in to our house and stole my mum and my mum laptop

You’re sincerely, 7E

• September 2nd, 2014 at 11:19 am      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hey Salah, I always think I hear that someone is breaking into my house! I can understand that you felt frightened! I hope your mum was able to replace her computer!
      From Ms Rothwell.

18. September 2nd, 2014 at 12:29 pm      Reply bilal Says:

Dear Mr Dahl,

I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when you crashed and half your nose was falling off and you had to go to the hospital and get it sowed back on

I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I was in kindergarten and someone brought farm animals we also got to feed them I was feeding 2 goats when they started fighting and there sharp horns almost stabbed me.

by bilal 7e

• September 2nd, 2014 at 12:38 pm      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hi Billy, that would have been fun until the goat went after you!
      I hope that you not scared of farm animals now.
      Ms Rothwell.

19. September 2nd, 2014 at 12:33 pm      Reply joe7e Says:

Dear Mr. Dahl,
    I have been reading your book, ‘Boy’, and have found it to be most enjoyable. Your stories of your life at school have been very interesting. I recently read a chapter ‘A drive in a motor car. I found it interesting when the half-sister lost control of the car because she drive too fast.
    I would like to share with you a time in my life that was frightening. It all started when I was playing hide and seek and I was the odd one out as find the people and I went all over the house trying to look for the people and then i went to the garage to see if they were there then I looked underneath the pool table and I saw them all out side and had scared me

your sicerely
    joe futialo 7e

• September 2nd, 2014 at 12:37 pm      Reply msrothwell711 Says:

Hi Joe. I am so proud of you for posting the letter. I know it can be tricky, but you were persistent. I sometimes give up when I find things too hard.
      Keep up the good work!
      Ms Rothwell

20. September 2nd, 2014 at 12:39 pm      Reply joe7e Says:

true bro